Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tasty Tuesday

I don't know about you but the thing I hate the most about trying to lose weight is the "diet!"  I think the biggest misconception when it comes to weight loss is that you have to eat boring, flavorless food! Chicken, broccoli, and brown rice have been the regulars on the menu in the past, and while they're really good for you they lack the pizazz to keep me satisfied long enough to stay away from the McDonald's value menu!

This time-a-round I've been looking into new recipes that are not only good for you but are also heaven for your taste buds! And how rude of me would it be of me to not share these wonderfully tasty and healthy meals I find with all of you?!?

That's why I've started "Tasty Tuesday"... it's catchy, I know!  On today's tasty menu we have Kalyn's Stuffed Cabbage Casserole.  The recipe makes 10 servings and 1 serving is 251 calories!

 Ladies (and Dudes if there are any reading), let me tell you this meal was To. Die. For!  I found it at SkinnyTaste.com and at first I was a little weary of trying it.  We're not big cabbage eaters but it looked so much like lasagna that I had to give it a try!


I have quite a few recipes that I want to try from her website and I found most of them through my other guilty, time wasting, pleasure... Pinterest!  This whole weight loss thing that I'm doing is more of a lifestyle change than anything.  I want to be able to eat foods that are going to fill me and keep me satisfied for longer than 5 minutes, not only that but, I want to be able to find foods that are going to allow me to maintain my weight loss!  This is definitely one of those meals! 

I'm looking forward to sharing my new culinary adventures with you though Tasty Tuesday's and also would love to hear what you're eating too!

No comments: