Monday, January 23, 2012

"I Lift Things Up & Put Them Down"

Ok Ladies, lets take a minute to talk weights!  Before working out with Trainer Jeremy I stayed as far away from the free weight section of the gym as possible!  It intimidated me, first because I didn't really know what to do with the weights, but mostly because the majority of the people over there were like this guy...


 Ok... maybe not exactly like him but still it was the section of the gym where the guys hung out!  Lifting weights that are way too heavy for them... Huffing and puffing and making all sorts of grunting sounds that, quite honestly, scare the living day lights out of me!  It was a man's world and this little lady was going to stay as far away from that place as possible!  Plus, I was scared that if I really started lifting I'd end up looking like this chick...


Let's face it... this is not good look for anyone!  Honestly though, the good of lifting weights far outweighs the bad!  You can spend all your time doing cardio but if you are devoting all your time to the treadmill you're cheating yourself! 


I can promise you that unless you are pumping yourself with steroids, you will not end up looking like the hot mess above!  Weight training will give you a longer leaner look!   

I challenge you to step off the treadmill and into the man's world of free weights!  Here is a good article on the benefits of weight training for women, and Here is a list of strength training workouts for women.  I know it can be intimidating, but grab a girlfriend and push your way into the free weight section of the gym... Show those boys a thing or two about being a strong woman!

Happy Lifting Ladies!




No comments: