Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Now What...

I'm sitting here trying to think of the goals I set for myself in 2011 but have come up short.  Then I thought I'd look back on past posts to see if there was anything there that would remind me of what I set out to accomplish and couldn't find anything there either.  No wonder I've gained a good 10lbs!

This time of year brings talks of resolutions... but let's face it, who really keeps their New Years resolutions?  Not me!  I do, however, think it's important to set goals for yourself.  So here, in no particular order, are my 2012 goals:

  1. Get Fit:  Not only do I want to drop the pounds but I want to get stronger and faster as well!  So often we (or maybe I should say 'I') get in the gym and focus on the cardio and pay little attention to the weights!  Truth be told the weight training is just as important as the cardio, but we'll talk more about that later!
  2. Lose Weight: Well... Duh!  I've been talking with my trainer (yes, I have a trainer... more on that later) and he's given me a goal of 5 pounds a month, that should put me at a loss of 30 pounds by June... Beach anyone?!?  I like having the small monthly goal to focus on so it doesn't seem like such a BIG thing!  
  3. Keep Track of Food:  It's easy for me to mindlessly stuff food into my face but to really do this whole weight loss thing correctly I need to be counting the calories!  That's why today, I pulled out my dusty... I mean trusty food scale!  Weighing, counting, and measuring... eating healthy... and feeling better! 
  4. Race Better:  Even though I did races in 2011 in no way did I actually run my best!  I finished one half marathon and a number of 5K's but really I wasn't giving my all.  This year I want to actually train for the races I run and shatter my previous times!
For now those are the goals I've set for myself.  In March I'll see where I'm at and adjust what needs adjusting.  Also, I need all of your help!  I need to be held accountable and if I can do the same for you I'd love to!  It's so much easier to do this sort of thing when you know you're not alone!

No comments: