Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Workout Wednesday... The Treadmill

We've talked about the elliptical now let's talk the treadmill.  If there is one piece of equipment in the gym that I find the most boring, it's the treadmill.  I think it's safe to say that I actually hate the treadmill... Actually, this isn't the first time I've said this, remember?

Let's face it the treadmill can be, or should I say, is BORING!  I think this pretty much sums it up...


So, to try and make those minutes go by a little faster we like to change things up a bit!  One of the exercises we've been doing is.... what else but... Sprints!  This week before getting on the elliptical we've been hopping on the treadmill and doing our warm-ups there.  It's 10 minutes with 1 minute sprints between minutes 3 & 4, and another between minutes 7 & 8.  The hardest part of this exercise for me is to continue to run at my regular pace and not stop and walk after each sprint.  The more I do it, the better I get though.

Another exercise we do on the treadmill is to walk at a slower pace but raise the incline waaaaaaaaay up... Like to 12 or 15! This is killer... fer realz yo!  If I had to choose between the two I think I'd rather do the running with the sprints!  I wish I could skip the treadmill all together, but alas, I can't!  I hate to admit it but I need the treadmill, I need the cardio workout it gives me, the different muscle groups it works for me, and mostly because there is no way you're going to find me on a road running outside in Northern Illinois in the middle of January... Holla! 

Anyone else out there have any fun (said sarcastically) treadmill exercises that help the time go by faster?

No comments: