Wednesday, January 9, 2013

2013 Same Stuff... New Year...

Here I am again a new year and I'm right back in the same position I was in last year (and the year before... and the year before).... Fat and Unhappy! Maybe I should re-name my blog "Confessions of a Relapsing Couch Potato!"  Well, I wouldn't say I've relapsed into the couch potato I once was, but I am nowhere near the physical shape I was in as of my last post on April, 2 2012! I've struggled with whether or not I should even post anything on here or not since it feels as if I keep saying the same things over and over!  In the end I do like being able to go back and read my past posts so I've decided it can't hurt!

So what has been going on since the last time we talked?  Well... a lot!  Trainer Jeremy and I were able to keep rocking it in the gym up until about the end of May when his shift for work changed back to midnights, and I was left to get myself up and to the gym on my own.  That's where it started to go down hill for me. Not having Jeremy there to help keep me going means I simply didn't go!  Poor excuse but it is what it is!  I was, however, able to join my Lady K as her running buddy for her second Girls On The Run 5K!  Here we are getting close to the finish line... 

This has got to be my favorite picture of us!

In May we were also able to get out for our first camping trip of the season!  Camping is my little family's favorite way to vacation!  It's also mine and Jeremy's favorite way to put on pounds by drinking like fish and eating whatever we want!  Here's me with my two K's on a Mother's Day hike at Devils Lake State Park...


June brought more gymless mornings, a few outdoor runs, a Dirty Girl Mud Run with some of my favorite girls...

And more camping, eating, and drinking...


Don't you just love our beach bodies?!?



With July came un-godly temperatures, which lead to no outdoor runs, very rare visits to the gym, and more camping, eating, and drinking...


Our awesome golf cart for the 4th of July golf cart parade.



August was still hot, there were gymless mornings, and football & cheerleading started bringing our camping season to halt... you would think that would have stopped the eating but it didn't...


My Star Quarterback!


My Cheer Captain!

At the end of August Jeremy went back to day shift bringing September early morning gym visits again!  However, the intensity of these workouts were no where near the intensity of our workouts before his shift change!  We weren't watching what we were eating and at the end of September we were able to get the camper out with some friends who just purchased a camper of their own... So you know what that means!  Camping (especially with friends) leads to eating & drinking!  It was a blast though! 
October we were winding down the football & Cheerleading season, and Little Man's team won the Super Bowl!  We were so proud of the boys on the team we celebrated by doing... what else... eating & drinking...


The Super Bowl Champs!

My Two Favorite Super Bowl Winners!

And finally we come to November & December... Do I really need to explain what happens during these months?!? 
Lady K & I finishing up the lights on the tree.
For some reason Jeremy didn't think we were doing a good job! 
Can you tell where he stopped and we started?

All in all I really only missed about a total of 2 months in the gym this past year but the damage is done!  I think the biggest problem is that I've let my eating get out of control.  I'm angry with myself because I'm stuck here again but once again I'm commited to getting the weight off and I have no doubt I will be able to do it!  To KEEP it off... that's going to be my goal for the year!  Here we go...


No comments: