Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Spinning Wheels...

I've been spending the slow days at work creeping catching up on blogs, and the more I read the more my wheels start spinning... and I'm not talking bike wheels here folks!

I've been spending time with her and her and her and her over the past few weeks and if you took the time to click on the links you've found one common thread between all of them...

Obstacle Course Races

That got my wheels spinning... I'm itching to do one, well another one!  I did the Dirty Girl in June with a bunch of my girls...

... and it was a lot of fun but it wasn't much of a challenge.  It was mostly hurry up and wait.  The race wasn't timed so there was no rush on the course or at any of the obstacles... which was fun but sometimes a gal needs a chip in her bib!

That's why after reading all of the posts about adventures in OCR's (that's what the 'insiders' call 'em) I really... really... really want to do one (or more) this year.  My first thought was Warrior Dash, but then I started doing a little more research and found this little gem...


Holy hell... So after checking out their website I immediately sent Trainer Jeremy a text that said, "Google 'Tough Mudder!'" A few minutes later I still hadn't heard anything so I texted him again and got this response, "Looks pretty awesome!"   And that was it, folks my fate is sealed!  With Trainer Jeremy's approval we're signing up for a Tough Mudder!

I'm torn between being super pumped to be doing this and wanting to puke... mostly it's wanting to puke!  I am, however, really excited to have something big to work towards.  Training for a road race only requires you to run... run... run, but training for a OCR requires way more out of you!  They don't call it a Tough Mudder for nothin'!  So my friends here's to new adventures and mud running!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi holly, thanks for the link back. Tough muddier isn't timed either. Give a spartan sprint - 4-5 miles or a spartan super - 7-9 miles a shot. They are tough but a lot of fun. Let me know if you have any questions. ~ordinary Jane runs blog