Saturday, January 12, 2013

Time Management...

If there is one thing that I will openly admit that I really suck at, it's time management!  If you will take a look at the definition of the word 'procrastinate' in the dictionary...

"Procrastinate:
transitive verb: to put off intentionally and habitually.
intransitive verb: to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done."

...And then you'll find a picture of me.  Okay, so maybe my picture isn't in the dictionary next to the word, but it should be!  And I also think this is why I continue to go up, and down, and up, and down with my weight!  I like to wait until the last possible second to get something done, and then I'm running around like a chicken with her head cut off trying to do it!  So what does this have to do with my weight loss you might ask... Well let me explain!

When losing weight, or trying to lose weight, the formula is easy...

Calories In < Calories Out

Don't you just love my math skills!  So in order to lose weight, not only do you need to be working out, but you need to be eating right as well.  This means that grabbing a pop tart for breakfast on the way out the door to work is probably not the best option!  It also means that eating vending machine lunches because you didn't have time to pack one are out as well.  That leaves no other option than to plan and prepare for the day.

This is where I struggle, and I'll be a lot of you struggle as well!  As I mentioned I'm a procrastinator to the 'T'!  I mean why do today what you could put off until tomorrow... Right?!?  Yeah? No!  Even though it's only been the first week I've made sure to plan and prepare.  When I make the kids lunches for school I make sure to make mine as well.  I've also printed a calendar so I can plan out our dinners too.  It usually works like this for the first few months and then.... well you know... and that is why I gained all my weight back!  It wasn't the lack of working out because really I still did that (kind of), it was the diet (or maybe I should say the eating!) 

So another goal for me this year is to continue the meal planning and preparation!  We'll see how it goes!

No comments: