Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Good... The Bad... and The In Between...

The Good:
It's been a while since we've last spoken (I'm happy to report that my K's are alive and well and still at each others throats... Happy Summer).  While not much has changed on the home front, my running has continued to stay pretty steady.  Usually during the summer months I tend to slack in my fitness regiment.  Husband works 3rd shift during these months so it's hard to find time when he's not sleeping and I'm not working so that I can leave the K's and head out for Mommy Run Time.  Thankfully we've got a system that seems to be working and I'm able to get out the door each morning for a 3 mile run before having to get ready for work. 

I don't know about the rest of you but, for me, the best time to get my workout/run/endorphin fix is in the morning.  I know that if I wait until I get home from work or until later in the evening I end up skipping it.  I'm too tired... it's too hot outside... I just *stomp, stomp* don't wanna. Which brings us to...

The Bad:
The other day Husband was off so I skipped running in the morning opting to do my run when I got off work.  He had taken the K's to a local state park to fish and hike and do all that other father/child stuff that good daddy's like Husband do.  That left me the evening to get out for my run.  It was awful.  It was one of those runs where I felt as if each one of my feet weighed 100 pounds, my shins were killing me, and it was hotter than, well you know.  I hate runs like those.  When you're hating every minute... every step... every drop of sweat.  Runs when you just want to quit.  So for the past few days I've opted for the gym and the elliptical.  Which brings us to...

The In Between:
As I mentioned my shins have been hurting during my runs lately, and for me I know this means only one thing...  Momma needs a new pair of shoes!

Every runner has their shoe.  They will always get the same brand and same style. Sometimes the makers of shoes will make the same style in different colors.  My shoe is the Saucony Omni 9.  I love these shoes... I know what size I need to fit me just right and can order them online.  The only thing I dislike about these shoes is that the only color choice was blue or green.  Don't get me wrong, I like blue but I have a few other pairs of Saucony's that are blue.  I wanted something different... so when my shins started hurting I started hunting for shoes.  That's when I came across this...

My shoe in Pink.  I love pink... I'm really not all that girly... but I love pink.  For now I'm working on convincing Husband that I truly do need new shoes so that my shins stop hurting and I can get off the elliptical and back on the pavement.  Ladies... you know my dilemma here... it's a matter of need not want.  Do ya feel me?

1 comment:

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

I agree new shoes will help for sure!